One thing I really try to do every week with 12WBT is the weekly challenges.
They keep me on track in a strange kind of way, like homework I guess, but I've always been a little bit of a nerdy kid wanting to do that extra little bit.
Last week I had a killer work week with meetings and just non stop action really and on top of that I had the flu. I had to go back to my pre-season tasks and revisit my excuses and goals just to keep myself on track with eating and exercise, let alone with weekly surprises, so my inspiration board took a bit of a back seat.
No prize for me unfortunately!
But never fear, I finally got a minute during my lunch break today (no rest for the wicked, right?!) and got it finished...
So what is inspiring me in Road 2, 2012?
Well a couple of things actually...
1) Now that I've lost that 20kg that I wanted to lose and I'm 2kg away from my ultimate goal, I'm inspired by becoming strong and strivingt to look for the progress in my body, not on the scales. I'm thinking of how I want my body to look, how I'm going to work to shape it, I'm seeing myself develop guns (nig big ones, little pistols so far, but guns none the less) and it is an awesome feeling!
2) I'm inspired by running. I haven't done enough of it since the Mothers Day Classic. I was so proud of doing that run and making a distance I didn't think I could make, but winter has set in and I've chosen the warmth of the gym instead of outdoor running - wimped out a little I guess you could say! But all of my friends training for half marathons at the moment (and there seems to be a LOT of them), are so inspiring!
3) Kettlebells - How bloody great are these babies? I love working these into my workouts. I'm on 16kg with my swings now and I love feeling myself get stronger every time I pick one up!
4) You'll notice a lot of food in my inspiration board - one of the biggest inspirations to me, which I mentioned in a post earlier in the week, is finding amazing recipes that are nutritious, clean and healthy - but that people wouldn't know are nutritious, clean and healthy. I love the sneaky glee I get from it, and that inner evil laugh "muahaha" everytime someone unknowingly eats a chocolate muffin that I made with zucchinis!
5) A bit of Mish and Jillian - how could you not be inspired by the bodies these women are rocking? Seriously. Before I joined the Mish bandwagon, I used to think "Geez, these women follow her like some sort of crazy religious cult" - but I totally get it now. She changes people, not only in their bodies, but in their minds, in their lifestyles, they become new - like a born again PERSON who embraces life and all it offers. It's magical.
When it comes to fitness, I'd say I worship at the church of Mish, but much like those Christians who also delve into Buddhism a little, Jillian also lights my fire. I love watching her 'Losing It' show while I'm on the cardio machines on a Saturday morning - I've lost count of the number of times I've had to hold back tears while I've been on the treatmill thanks to Jillian. She speaks to me.
So that's what inspires me!
Would love ot know what's on your inspiration board - if you've got a link, let me know!